Techniques to Enhance Digital Image Quality
Want to see better image quality?
- Consider adjustments needed in timing/impulses required to adapt to patient size and ethnicity; as well as, the area of interest.
- Understand your choice between 60 and 70 kVp when installing the dental x-ray unit or during the calibration period.
- When viewing the images, is your surrounding darkened and without glare? Are you diagnosing images under the fluorescent lighting directly overhead?
- In the areas where you are diagnosing the most often, consider better quality monitors. They do not have to be medical grade monitors.
- Have you ever completed a STMF calibration on your screen to get the best contrast and brightness setting for the monitor you are using?